Chapels scattered but connected by a circuit
"When you go to Saint Ivy, it's for life or death."
Saint Ivy, or Saint Divy, under the old regime, had a reputation for delivering the sick whose agony was prolonged. Nine people then go to the chapel to pray to the saint to grant the patient either recovery or a prompt death.
The chapel has very ancient origins (16th century) but it was completely rebuilt at the end of the 19th century on the top of a nearby hill (formerly in a valley, near its fountain). The new chapel was blessed in August 1888 to the satisfaction of the parishioners who had contributed to the work.
Faithful to the architectural fashions of the time, the chapel is of neo-gothic inspiration, in the shape of a Latin cross, built of rubble covered with plaster with a stone base. The chevet window features a fleur-de-lys.
Inside, under the broken arch plaster vault, the walls are whitewashed and the floor is paved. The choir is delimited by a neo-Gothic wooden balustrade.
The 18th-century granite altar features the mystical lamb in relief. In the axial window above the stained glass window is the Sacred Heart. On the left is the statue of Saint Anne with the Virgin Mary, which is said to come from the former chapel of the Bourg-Neuf, which has now disappeared. On the other side, Saint Ivy in bishop's habit.
From the old chapel was brought back a large circular granite font and the bell.
The fountain has remained in the original valley. Children suffering from colic were bathed there.
His pardon is celebrated every first weekend of August.
Lojean, the smallest and oldest of the chapels.
The name of the village Lojean can be traced back to the 12th century and has Templar or hospitable origins.
It bears the date 1627 and the name of G. Joubin/ It was the seat of a chaplaincy, also known as the Roscoet, named after a neighbouring manor house whose owner must have been the founder. In the 17th century, it is frequented by the procession of Réguiny and is celebrated there in addition to the feast of Saint John the Baptist, that of Saint Mathurin.
Modest in size, rectangular in shape, it is nevertheless not lacking in picturesqueness, in the hollow of its valley with the bell tower standing in the middle of the ridge. An oval-shaped panelling covers the paved and whitewashed vessel. In the chancel, which is raised by a single degree and bordered by a long spindle balustrade, the wooden altar, which is made of a truncated pyramid with a slight pyramid shape, is adorned with a radiant cloud. The tabernacle, decorated with a monstrance between two pilasters, is set in the single tier between two rectangular panels. Above, another panel with a "chantourée" cornice presents the monograms of Christ and the Virgin in medallions.
Two fountains depend on the chapel. One with a bas-relief of Saint John the Baptist, dates from 1835. The second one leans against a stone marked in 1834 with an inscription where the name Le Breton can be guessed. It could be an old tombstone.
The chapel must date from the foundation of the chapel of the same name, in 1644, by the parish priest of Moréac, Jean Nicol. One can read the name of the latter on the southern door which also presents the monograms of Christ and the Virgin.
The western door is marked with the coat of arms of Kermeno and the date 1826, indicating an important restoration. Threatened with ruin, it was restored again in 1921, with two new windows in the farmhouse and the restored choir window. This rectangular-shaped chapel with its sacristy to the east has a bull's eye in the gable. Its bell tower is flanked by balusters and the bay lintels are cut into segmental arches, the polygonal spire is slightly curved.
Inside, its walls are whitewashed, its vault is made of broken arch wainscotting. In the choir is a tabernacle decorated with a triskell surmounted by a large Irish cross with a bronze Christ.
A wooden statue, which may date from the origins of the chapel, represents the Eternal Father enthroned on a cathedra. Wearing a tiara, wearing a red robe and a blue cope, he blesses with his right hand and holds in his left hand a globe on which stands a radiant cross. The chapel also has two plaster statues: Saint Meriadec, the new owner of the chapel, and the Virgin of the Immaculate Conception trampling the serpent. On the south wall there is a wooden Virgin and Child, deprived of its polychromy. The new altar of the celebration is made of granite. In the paving, at the foot of the wooden communion stand, there is a tombstone from 1830.
His forgiveness is celebrated on the 4th Sunday of July during which St. Meriadec was invoked for the cure of migraine and deafness. Pilgrims then offered the quantity of rye measured by the hat of the sick person.