francais english german
Bretagne
Official site of the Tourist Office of Centre Morbihan

Hiking trail of "Callac"

8 km
2h30
DépartCallac's cave - 56420 PLUMELEC
Aller en bas

A voir en chemin

  • The Stations of the Cross and sculptures: a much visited pilgrimage site appreciated for the beauty of the site, the 15 stations of the Stations of the Cross are composed of 51 life-size figures carved in granite by Breton sculptors. This work was created on the initiative of the rector of the parish of Callac, Father Binard, and thanks to the energy and will of all the parishioners. The Way of the Cross is located about 800 m from the town of Callac. It takes about 30 minutes to walk to the top of the Stations of the Cross, and it is advisable to wear good shoes. Open every day, free entrance.
  • The cave of Callac: in 1947, the abbot Binard, the new rector of the parish of Callac, had the idea to take advantage of the remarkable site of an old slate quarry to install a cave in the image of the one of Lourdes in honour of the Virgin. The parishioners, enthusiastic about this idea, dug the cave cavity with chisels and made a small niche to house a statue of Our Lady of Lourdes. The grotto was completed on May 1st, 1949, "a true folly inspired by Providence" as Father Binard wrote.
  • The Saint-Maudé Chapel : located near the village of the Ville Louais, this small chapel is placed under the name of Saint-Maudé. This holy evangelizer who came from Ireland in the 6th century is traditionally invoked against boils and foot ache. Close to the Callac castle, this chapel is worth a visit for its admirable sculpture of the arms of the Callac house.

Quelques photos

Localisation du point de départ Callac's cave - 56420 PLUMELEC

Back
Calendrier Facebook Youtube Instagram
RéservationBook Call BackContact us